What is Findgofind.co? And how does it function?
Findgofind.co is a promoted as a search engine that claims to deliver users with filtered search results and protect users’ privacy. This dubious search engine is created by Eight point technologies ltd and is designed to take control over users’ web browsing sessions to redirect users to its affiliated websites. So once this program is installed in your computer, it will quickly change the settings of your browsers – this is why it is categorized as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program or PUP.
“The Software protects your privacy by detecting searches from certain search engines you visit that may be tracked by those search engines and tied to your personal information. The Software then intercepts those searches from those search engines and redirects them to FindGoFind’s privacy-enhanced search engine.”
Despite its seemingly convincing statement, you should not fall for this browser hijacker’s antics. In fact, it might also be the one to collect your data based on your search queries, browsing history, websites you often visit and other browsing-related information. In addition, the search results it generates can’t even be trusted as it displays modified search results which mainly consist of sponsored content from its affiliated websites. And if you still think that this shady search engine is still harmless, you need to think again as it could redirect you to suspicious websites that might pose a threat to your computer. Thus, the best way to deal with Findgofind.co is by simply getting rid of it.
How does Findgofind.co travel the web?
Findgofind.co travels the web via software bundles that can be found on free sharing sites. This browser hijacker is added as one of the optional programs in a free software package where it stays hidden unless you select the Custom or Advanced setup during the installation process.
You can use the removal guide laid out below to erase Findgofind.co from your computer.
Step 1: Start the removal process by closing all the browsers infected with Findgofind.co. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: After you open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the infected browser’s process and end it.
Step 3: Then close the Task Manager and open Control Panel – to do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: After pulling up Control Panel, from the list of installed programs, look for Findgofind.co or any suspicious program you don’t remember installing and then Uninstall it.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the host’s file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Findgofind.co.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Findgofind.co or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated with the browser hijacker such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Refer to the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of Findgofind.co as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.