What are Ad.doubleclick.net ads? And how do they work?
Ad.doubleclick.net ads are ads that are triggered by an ad-supported program installed in an affected PC. Such ads are used for advertising and are known to redirect users to certain parts of the web that are shady and questionable. This is the reason why Ad.doubleclick.net ads are deemed as adware or ad-supported program as well as a potentially unwanted program.
Ad.doubleclick.net ads display various ads like shopping deals, discounts, and even scam alerts telling users that they won some kind of a prize. In addition, this ad-supported program is also known to redirect users to some tech support scam page that tells users their computer is infected with some virus or malware and that they need to contact tech support to fix the problem. If you have encountered these alerts, you must stir clear of them by removing the adware behind these scam alerts before you continue browsing the web.
According to researchers, the adware behind Ad.doubleclick.net ads could also monitor users’ browsing activities so it can collect various information like ads clicked, websites visited often, IP address, browser version, OS version and so on. The information collected is used to generate more targeted and customized ads to lure users into clicking them. This kind of behavior is not uncommon for adware as this is where they get most of their profits. To simply put it, adware programs like Ad.doubleclick.net ads generate revenue at the expense of your security and privacy.
How do Ad.doubleclick.net ads circulate the web?
As pointed out, Ad.doubleclick.net ads are triggered by the presence of an adware in the system Adware programs circulate the web using software bundles that are distributed on free sharing or peer-to-peer sites. Software bundles often consist of the main program and extra components like adware. If you’re not careful enough, you could end up installing all the program attached to the bundle. To make sure this does not happen again, you need to use the Custom or Advanced setup during the installation process.
Make use of the removal guide laid out below to delete the Ad.doubleclick.net ads from your computer.
Step 1: Start by opening the Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 2: Look for any suspicious program that is affiliated with Ad.doubleclick.net ads and then Uninstalls it.
Step 3: Close all the browsers infected with Ad.doubleclick.net ads. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 4: After you open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the infected browser’s process and end it.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the host’s file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Ad.doubleclick.net ads.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Ad.doubleclick.net ads or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated with Ad.doubleclick.net ads and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Ad.doubleclick.net ads as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS scree will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now”button.