What is Popular123.com?
The Popular123.com is a browser hijacker that infiltrates on the computer as a browser search page and hijacks commonly used Internet browsers such as the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. It is a browser hijacker that looks like a familiar search engine, such as Google, Yahoo or Bing that claims it enhances search quality and improves the browsing experience. In fact, the Popular123.com is a fake search page, which brings a lot of troubles and pesky. Popular123.com is advertising product and is considered as a potentially unwanted programs. This program invades a a computer without user permission and activates immediately after opening the browser. This hijacker displays a myriad of pesky and hassle banners and coupons, links to ad sites, pop-ups and other things. Moreover, the Popular123.com can alter your browser settings, it modifies homepage and search engine. If you find Popular123.com on your computer, we highly suggest that you get rid of this program right now. So don’t waste your time and do something.
How Popular123.com gets through my computer?
Any malicious software infiltrates a computer without user authorization. Typically, the Popular123.com comes bundled with free applications and programs that you can download from popular free sites such as download.com, Softpedia, Freewarefiles, Shareware, Soft32 and many others. These malicious sites tend to create their own download managers so it can implement a potentially unwanted program. When users are not attentive during installation process, the computer can be infected that easy. Always do careful reading and follow the important rules. Make reading a habit and read user agreement. Take your time reading and going through the assessment of the installation process. Do not press the “Next” button if you are not sure that the program you are installing will not harm your computer. Always opt the advanced installation type and do not settle for questionable and unfamiliar deals and carefully follow the installation process. If Popular123.com has already infected your computer, remove it immediately.
Common symptoms of Popular123.com infection:
- Appearance of advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
- Random hyperlinks.
- Browser popups appear which promote fake updates or other software.
- Other unwanted adware programs might get installed without the user’s authorization and knowledge.
You should always pay attention when installing any software into your computer because often, a software installer includes optional or bundled installs. Note to be very careful what you agree to install.
Always choose custom installation and deselect anything that is unknown and questionable, especially optional software that you never wanted to download in the first place. You should not install software that you don’t trust.
How to delete Popular123.com
Fix the shortcut of your web browser
- Right-click on the shortcut of your browser and select Properties.
- Click on the Shortcut tab and locate the Target line.
- Remove Popular123.com from this line and make sure it ends in quotation marks.
- Click Apply and close the window.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt+T to open the Tools menu and click Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Mark the Delete personal settings box.
- Click Reset.
- Launch your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Press Alt+H and select Troubleshooting information from the Help menu.
- Click Refresh Firefox.
- In the pop-up confirmation window, click Refresh Firefox once again.
- Launch Google Chrome and tap Alt+F.
- Click Settings and go to the very bottom of the page.
- Select Show advanced settings.
- Click Reset settings.
- Click on the Reset button.
In simple terms:
So many untrustworthy search tools available now over the internet whose main goal is to disseminate sponsored links, so it would be too negligent to do nothing regarding the system’s protection. Such search tools like Popular123.com might even expose users to potential threats by inadvertently opening third-party pages and, on top of that, cause privacy-related problems, so do whatever it takes not to discover one on your browsers ever again, completely eradicate that browser hijacker.
How to automatically remove Popular123.com?
These instructions indicate how to get rid of Popular123.com automatically. The instructions need to be applied on the infected computer.
- Turn the infected computer on. If it is turned on, restart it.
- When BIOS screen disappears after the reboot, tap F8 key repeatedly. Advanced Options menu will show up. If Windows logo appears, reboot the PC and try pressing F8 again.
- When you access Advanced Options menu, use arrow keys to navigate and choose Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter to access the mode.
4. Wait for Windows to load Safe Mode with Networking.
5. Press and hold the Windows key and then press R key.
6. If you have pressed both keys correctly, Windows Run Box will pop up.
7. Type the following into the Open box:
Note, that there has to be a single space gap in between iexplore and http. Click OK.
8. Internet Explorer will open and a download dialog bar will appear at the bottom of your screen. Click Run to begin the installation automatically once SpyRemover Pro is downloaded.
9. Click OK if your system asks whether you want to run SpyRemover Pro software.
10. Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
11. Once all the malicious infections are detected, click Fix Threats. SpyRemover Pro will ask you to register the software.
12.By registering SpyRemover Pro you will also be able to protect your computer from other potential threats. Once you have registered the program, the malware will be removed. Reboot your PC to fully implement the malware removal procedure.
Basic steps of SpyRemover Pro:
Step 1. Run SpyRemover Pro installer
Click on the .exe file that just downloaded in the lower right corner of your browser window.
Step 2. Click Yes
Click Yes to accept the User Account Control settings dialog.
Step 3. Foll0w setup instructions
Follow the instructions to get SpyRemover Pro set up on your computer and you will be good to go!