What is Findgofind.com? And how does it work?
Findgofind.com is a browser hijacker that affects only the Google Chrome browser as of the moment. Aside from that, it is also categorized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) which means that even if it isn’t malicious, it still poses a threat to your computer. Getting infected with the likes of Findgofind.com will expose you to dangerous places all over the internet that may serve as a way for malware to infiltrate your computer. And as if that’s not enough of a reason to get rid of Findgofind.com, it is also worth mentioning that once installed, this hijacker immediately changes your browser’s settings which in turn replaces your preferred home page web address as well as search engine. Altering your browsers settings is another reason why you should remove this hijacker. And because of the altered settings, the hijacker can do what it wants on your browser like delivering you with numerous ads that makes your browsing experience annoying and can even slow down or crash your browser.
Another thing that should concern you is the fact that hijackers like Findgofind.com may collect browsing-related information about you such as email address, passwords, etc. The information gathered may be used and shared with third parties to continuously bombard you with sponsored contents with the intent of gaining profit from pay-per-click marketing.
How is Findgofind.com distributed?
Preventing browser hijackers like Findgofind.com isn’t really that hard of a task since all you have to do is be careful when installing software bundles since these bundles are used in distributing unwanted programs. So when you install bundles, make sure that you always select the Custom or Advanced installation setup so that you can be free of the other programs that are part of the bundle and install the only program that you want.
To get rid of Findgofind.com, follow the removal guide as well as the one-click solution below.
Step 1: Launch Google Chrome.
Step 2: Click the wrench icon. And from the drop-down menu click on Tools and then select Extensions.
Step 3: Under the Extensions tab, select Findgofind.com and other suspicious browser extensions related to it and then click on the Trash icon.
Step 4: Click on Remove button from the confirmation dialog box.
Step 5: Reset Google Chrome. To do that, click the three stripes icon located at the upper-right corner of your screen. And then select Settings.
Step 6: under Settings, look for Show advanced settings at the bottom of the page and click on it.
Step 7: Then click on the Reset browser settings button.
Step 8: After that, a dialog box pops up, click the Reset button to Reset Chrome.
Step 9: After you reset Chrome, enable the Phishing and Malware Protection in Chrome to prevent browser hijackers like Findgofind.com from infecting your computer again in the future. To do that, click Settings once again.
Step 10: Select the Show advanced settings again.
Step 11: Go to the Privacy section and check the Enable phishing and malware protection option.
Step 12: Restart Chrome.
To ensure the removal of the Findgofind.com, follow the continued advanced steps below:
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading SpyRemover Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch SpyRemover Pro.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register SpyRemover Pro to protect your computer from future threats.