What is Diranalyze Disk? And how does it work?
Diranalyze Disk is a disk optimizer that scans a drive for any duplicate files or junk files and shows how much space does the particular folders are using in your hard drive storage. If installed, several scheduled tasks will be configured to launch programs that connect to remote sites and that right there is a dangerous behavior and is one of the reasons why this program is classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). As you can see on the illustration above, Diranalyze Disk may look like a legitimate program, however, it’s not as harmless as it may seem.
After a series of tests, our researchers have found out that Diranalyze Disk does not perform any optimization operations but it allows you to load a chart with data available on the disk. It also drops several files within several directories on your computer, making its removal difficult. The files that this tool creates are all suspicious. Thus its removal is a must and you shouldn’t waste your time and let it linger any longer in your computer.
How is Diranalyze Disk distributed?
This suspicious program does not have any official distribution sites and so it is not brainer where this program can actually be obtained. As far as our research team is concerned, this unwanted program is actually distributed through software bundles which are found on free sharing sites. to avoid such unwanted programs, it is best to avoid downloading software bundles and opt to download programs from their official download site.
To remove Diranalyze Disk, follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time.
Step 2: Go to the Processes tab and look for Diranalyze Disk and Test Task.job or any other suspicious processes.
Step 3: Right-click on the files, click Open File Location and then scan them using a reputable antivirus program such as SpyRemover Pro. After opening their folders, end their processes and delete their folders. If the virus scanner fails to detect something that you know is suspicious, don’t hesitate to delete it.
Step 4: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 5: Look for Diranalyze Disk or any suspicious program and then Uninstall it.
Step 6: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 7: Go to the directories listed below and delete everything in it. Or other directories you might have saved the file related to Diranalyze Disk.
- %PROGRAMFILES% or %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%
Step 8: Look for the following files created by Diranalyze Disk.
- DirAnalyzer or Test Task.job
- Sdisk Finder
Step 9: Right-click on each of them and click Delete.
The next step below is not recommended for you if you don’t know how to navigate the Registry Editor. Making registry changes can highly impact your computer. So it is highly advised to use PC Cleaner Pro instead to get rid of the entries that Diranalyze Disk created. So if you are not familiar with the Windows Registry skip to Step 15 onwards.
However, if you are well-versed in making registry adjustments, then you can proceed to step 10.
Step 10: Open the Registry Editor, to do so, tap Win + R and type in regedit and then press enter.
Step 11: Navigate to the path below:
Step 12: Delete the key named DiskOptimizer.
Step 13: After that, navigate to this path:
Step 14: Delete the keys named SDisk Finder and DirAnalyzer and then close the Registry Editor.
Step 15: Empty the Recycle Bin.
To ensure the removal of Diranalyze Disk and its components, follow the advanced guide below:
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading SpyRemover Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register SpyRemover Pro to protect your computer from future threats.