What is Video Box Ads? And how does it work?
Video Box Ads is a suspicious program that is categorized both as a potentially unwanted program and adware. This program enables users to get videos from the internet and save it on their devices. It nearly supports up to 1000 different websites and allows users to download different file formats like MP4, WebM, FLV, 3GP and more from those websites. Although this program may seem like a useful and legitimate one, our researchers have found some serious issues that could be a potential threat to your computer. After testing the program, our researchers noticed a lot of ads displayed which can be really annoying when you browse the internet. This kind of behavior is common among PUPs since all they ever aim to do is to generate pay-per click revenue. And worse, this suspicious program could be one of the reasons why your computer system might be subjected to other harmful threats.
If Video Box Ads is active on your computer, your browser will start to generate Video Box Ads which may not only be irrelevant but also advertise other suspicious and potentially infectious programs that could harm your computer. Therefore, to avoid such potential threats, make the removal of Video Box Ads your priority.
How is Video Box Ads distributed?
Like most PUPs, this suspicious program is distributed through software bundles found in free sharing sites. Video Box Ads spreads through malicious software bundles which is a common distribution method for the likes of this malware. These software package bundles are found in websites who offer free software. The developers of these kinds of sites make their profit by bundling legitimate software with a malicious one such as PUPs, ransomware and other kinds of infection. That’s why when you install the software bundle, you should opt for the Advanced or Custom installation to remove the other bundled malware from getting installed together with the legitimate software by unmarking the respective checkboxes that involves the unwanted program like the Video Box Ads. Moreover this kind of unwanted program is obtained by being redirected to the direct download website.
To get rid of Video Box Ads, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 2: Go to C:\Program Files.
Step 3: Look for a folder named VideoBox and then delete it.
Step 4: After that, go to C:\Program Files (x86).
Step 5: Look for a folder named VideoBox again and then delete it.
Step 6: And then go to C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local.
Step 7: Look for a folder named VideoBox again and then delete it.
The next step below is not recommended for you if you don’t know how to navigate the Registry Editor. Making registry changes can highly impact your computer. So it is highly advised to use PC Cleaner Pro instead to get rid of the entries that Kryptonite Ransomware created. So if you are not familiar with the Windows Registry skip to the advanced troubleshooting steps below.
However, if you are well-versed in making registry adjustments, then you can proceed to step 8. Just make sure that before you make any changes, you export the entry or value first.
Step 8: Open the Registry Editor, to do so, tap Win + R and type in regedit and then press enter.
Step 9: Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE.
Step 10: Look for a registry key named VideoBox and then remove it.
Step 11: After that, navigate to:
Step 12: Look for a registry key named VideoBox on that path and then remove it.
Follow the continued advanced steps below to ensure the removal of the Video Box Ads:
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading SpyRemover Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch SpyRemover Pro.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register SpyRemover Pro to protect your computer from future threats.