Are you aware that you can select and show selected folders on the left side of the Start Menu in Windows 10? If this looks and sounds good to you, continue reading as this post will show you how to do exactly that.
Follow the instructions provided below to choose which folders you want to display on the Start Menu.
Step 1: To start, open the Windows settings from the WinX Menu and select Personalization > Start.
Step 2: You should see a link towards the bottom that says “Choose which folders appear on Start” – click on it to open the following panel.
Step 3: On this panel, you have to toggle the slider where you can select which one of the items below you want to show on the Start Menu.
- File Explorer
- Personal folder.
Step 4: Select the items from the list that you want to display on your Start Menu.
And voila! There you have it, you can now see the folders being displayed on the left side of the Start Menu on Windows 10.
If the “Choose which folders appear on Start” option is not available and is grayed out on your Windows Settings, here’s what you have to do.
Step 1: Create a system restore point and then open an elevated Command Prompt.
Step 2: Execute the commands listed below and don’t forget to tap Enter right after you type in each command:
- cd C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows
- ren “Start Menu Places” “Start Menu Places Originals”
Step 3: After that, open C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows and then create a new folder in this location and name it “Start Menu Places”. Note that you may have to turn on the option for “Show hidden files, folders and drives” first.
Step 4: Restart your PC and log into your Windows 10 PC using another local account and then check. If you don’t have any other local accounts you’ll have to create one first.
Step 5: After you’ve create a new local account, use it and copy all the shortcut files from this location: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu Places Original folder to this location: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu Places folder.
Step 6: Restart your PC and log into your original account and check again.
If you have any system-related problems on your Windows 10 PC, such as corrupted registries or slow PC performance, you can try a one-click solution known as PC Cleaner Pro. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system.
Perform a full system scan using PC Cleaner Pro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/pccleanerpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading PC Cleaner Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch the program.
- Run the program and click the Click to Start Scan button to perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click FIX ALL.