What is Search.hyourweatherinfonow.com? And how does it function?
Search.hyourweatherinfonow.com is a search engine created by Polarity Technologies Ltd. – a company widely known for creating tons of unwanted programs. It is also known as “Your Weather Info Now” toolbar. Once it is installed in the system, it quickly makes modifications on the default settings of your browsers such as the default search engine, start page as well as the new tab URL. It is promoted as a search engine that provides access to information about the weather. And as you can see on its interface, it also has quick links to popular websites like Amazon, Gmail, YouTube, Yahoo, and many more.
- Internet Protocol or IP address
- Type of operating system used
- Type of browser used
- Geographic location
- Visited URLs and websites
- Browser’s home page
- Search queries
- Search queries on the visited web pages
- The domain name of current Internet service provider (ISP)
- Diagnostic information which describes how their Services are operating on the system
The aforementioned capabilities of this extension are one of the reasons why it is considered to be a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Once you start using your browser which is infected with this hijacker, it will display search results from Yahoo that would be filled with tons of sponsored content like pop-ups, in-text links, banners and other annoying content online that could redirect you to suspicious web pages. Clearly, this browser hijacker is after revenue with the number of ads it displays to its users. This isn’t a surprising fact as it is a common trait for browser hijackers. Know that even though some of the contents it shows are legitimate, some of them are downright suspicious and could take you to phishing or scam websites that may coax personal information from you or urge you to download bogus software.
How does Search.hyourweatherinfonow.com spread online?
Just like other unwanted programs and browser hijackers created by Polarity Technologies Ltd., Search.hyourweatherinfonow.com spreads as an optional component in a software bundle along with the main program and other unwanted programs. Free software bundles spread the web on free sharing sites or peer-to-peer sharing networks. If you install this kind of software package using the quick or standard installation setup, you’ll end up installing every program in the package including Search.hyourweatherinfonow.com. To avoid such occurrence again, you have to use the Custom or Advanced setup so you can remove any extra programs added in the bundle and only install the main program.
Use the removal guide below as a reference to get rid of Search.hyourweatherinfonow.com from your computer.
Step1. Close all the browsers infected with Search.hyourweatherinfonow.com. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step2. After you open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the infected browser’s process and end it.
Step3. Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Search.hyourweatherinfonow.com or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Click on Advanced.
- After that, click the Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section.
- Tap Alt + H to access Help.
- Next, select “Troubleshooting information” and click “Refresh Firefox” at the top of the page.
- Now click “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the reset.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now switch to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button.
- Then check the box for “Delete personal settings” and then click Reset again.
Step4. Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step5. Look for any suspicious program that is affiliated with Search.hyourweatherinfonow.com and then Uninstall it.
Step6. Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step7. Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated with Search.hyourweatherinfonow.com and delete it/them.
Step8. Close the File Explorer.
Step9. Empty your Recycle Bin.
To make sure that nothing is amiss and that Search.hyourweatherinfonow.com is completely removed from your computer, follow the advanced steps below.
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading the program. The installation will start automatically once a download is done.
- Click OK to launch it.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register the program to protect your computer from future threats.