What is Search.tokyofalcon.com? And how does it work?
Search.tokyofalcon.com is a bogus search engine that spreads through a browser-hijacking program, TokyoFalcon. The hijacker alters your browser’s settings by placing the hxxp:// Search.tokyofalcon.com into both your default home page and search provider settings. Once added, you will be forced to use the newly modified home page and search engine and you’ll also be redirected to suspicious sites.
Search.tokyofalcon.com is far-fetched from your regular and legitimate search providers since its search results are nothing but unreliable. Browser hijackers usually modify search results to serve their own purpose which is to generate profit by delivering your with sponsored contents and adding them together with the search results. You might be also redirected to other suspicious sites filled with scam surveys, bogus download links or ads from shady ad networks. Aside from constant redirects, this hijacker also spies on you using tracking cookies to monitor your online activities. It then collects your personal information and shares them with third parties which is responsible for the sponsored contents you are seeing all the time.
How is Search.tokyofalcon.com distributed?
Search.tokyofalcon.com sneaks into your computer unnoticed since it was installed together with the other programs you’ve downloaded. If you are the type of person who is fond of downloading freeware from free sharing sites, then that’s how you probably came across with this unwanted program since it is bundled with other free programs as well. That is why when you install a bundled software, you must always select the Custom/Advanced installation setting so that you can get rid of unwanted programs in the package.
To remove Search.tokyofalcon.com from your computer, follow these guidelines.
Step 1: Remove Search.tokyofalcon.com from your browsers by resetting them.
- Launch Google Chrome and open its menu by pressing Alt + F.
- Click Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings located at the bottom part of the page.
- Click the Reset settings.
- And then click the Reset button.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Press Alt + H.
- Look for Refresh Firefox a t the top and click on this button.
- In the confirmation window, click Refresh Firefox again.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Press Alt + T and click Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then click Reset.
- Mark the box next to Delete personal settings.
- Click Reset.
Step 2: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 3: Look for any suspicious program related or responsible for the browser hijacker and then Uninstall it.
Step 4: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 5: Go to the directories listed below and delete everything suspicious in it. Or other directories you might have saved the file related to the Search.tokyofalcon.com.
Step 6: Look for the installer or software bundle you have downloaded or any suspicious executable file that may be responsible for the Search.tokyofalcon.com.
Step 7: Right-click on it and click Delete.
Step 8: Empty your Recycle Bin.
Follow the continued advanced steps below to ensure the removal of Search.tokyofalcon.com:
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading SpyRemover Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register SpyRemover Pro to protect your computer from future threats.