What is Nulltica Ransomware?
It is discovered by malware security researcher, Karsten Hahn, Nulltica. It is a malware based on an open-source ransomware project which is called Hidden Tear. After the successful infiltration into your computer, Nulltica encrypts stored data using AES-256 cryptography and appends filenames with the “.lock” extension (for example, “sample.jpg” is renamed to “sample.jpg.lock“). Once the files are encrypted, Nulltica displays a pop-up window and a new browsing tab and redirects you to wikiHow’s “How To Send Bitcoins” web page.
The pop-up window that is displayed contains a message that informs the victims of the encryption and makes ransom demands. As mentioned earlier, the Nulltica uses the AES-256 encryption algorithm. This means that the decryption requires a unique key that is stored on a remote server controlled by cyber criminals in order to decryot the files. To get this key, victims are required to pay the said ransom amount of the equivalent of $50 in Bitcoins. The cost is relatively low which usually costs fluctuate between the equivalent of $500 and $1500. Despite this notice, experts advice you to do not pay any ransom demanded. Often, these crooked people usually ignore victims once payments are made. It is definitely no guarantee that paying will deliver any positive result and you will probably be scammed. Other than losing your money, you also support cyber criminals’ malicious businesses. Also advised to never attempt to contact these people or pay. Sadly, currently there are no tools capable of cracking AES encryption and restoring files for free. Therefore, the only existing solution is to restore your files/system from a backup.
Protection from ransomware infections
In order to prevent this situation, always be very cautious when browsing over the Internet. Delete all suspicious emails from unknown sources immediately and never attempt to open attachments received from suspicious email addresses. Moreover, never download software indirectly or from unofficial sources and instead choose the “direct download” option, rather than using the third party download tools. If in case, you are forced to use third party downloaders, you should closely analyze each step and opt for especially the “Custom/Advanced” options if given and opt-out of all additionally-included programs, or you can even cancel the entire process. Updating all installed applications using a legitimate anti-virus/anti-spyware suite is also essential. The key to computer safety is caution.
How to Remove Nulltica Ransomware
- Go to Downloads folder.
- Delete the most recently downloaded files.
- Click Win+R and the Run prompt will open.
- Type %AppData% into the Open box and click OK.
- Delete the most recent executable file from the directory.
- Click Win+R again and type regedit. Press OK.
- Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
- Right-click the random name string value that opens the infection.
- Select to Delete it and close Registry Editor.
- Run a full system scan.
In simple terms:
Nulltica Ransomware is definitely a dangerous infection that can severely damage your computer and the system as well. It will attempt to get as much money from you as possible, but it’s highly advised you should never pay a single cent to these criminals. It is much wiser to get rid of this infection and then look for other ways to restore your data and to protect your system from similar intruders in the future.
Use an anti-malware program
We recommend using SpyRemover Pro, a highly effective and widely used malware removal program to clean your computer of Nulltica Ransomware. In addition to Nulltica Ransomware, this program can detect and remove the latest variants of other malware.
SpyRemover Pro has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use. To get rid of Nulltica Ransomware, the first step is to install it, scan your computer, and remove the threat.
You can perform a full system scan through the recommended anti-malware tool SpyRemover Pro.
- Turn your PC on. Once it’s on, you need to reboot
- Then, the BIOS screen will show up, however, if Windows pops up instead, you will need to reboot your computer and try one more time. Once the BIOS screen is on, repeatedly press F8, to open the Advanced Option and shows up.
3. Use the arrow keys to navigate the Advanced Option and then choose the Safe Mode with Networking then click it.
4. The Safe Mode with Networking will then be loaded.
5. Kindly press and hold both R key and Windows key together.
6. The Windows Run Box will appear if it is done correctly.
7.Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
*There should be a single space in between explorer and http. Hit OK.
8. There, appear a dialog box by Internet Explorer. Click Run to start downloading SpyRemover Pro. It will automatically start the installation once it’s done downloading.
9. Simply launch the SpyRemover Pro by clicking OK.
10. Hit Run button to run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan thereafter.
- Once all the infection has been detected and identified, click REMOVE ALL.
12. Invest into the SpyRemover Pro program to further protect your computer from future threats.
Why is automatic removal more recommendable?
- You know only one virus name: “Nulltica Ransomware”, but the truth is you have infected by a bunch of viruses.
The SpyRemover Pro program detects this threat and all others.
- SpyRemover Pro is quite fast! You need only few minutes to check your PC.
- SpyRemover Pro uses the special features to remove hard in removal viruses. If you remove a virus manually, it can prevent deleting using a self-protecting module, it takes hours and may damage your PC. If you even delete the virus, it may recreate himself by a stealthy module which you don’t want.
- SpyRemover Pro is compatible with any antivirus.
- SpyRemover Pro is convenient to use.