What is Jamboxlive.com?
“we will share your information, solely to the extent needed to comply with any applicable law or regulation (…)
we may share your information, in the event of a corporate transaction (e.g. sale of a substantial part of our business, merger, consolidation or asset sale) (…)
we may share Non-Personal Information with our trusted Service Providers only to the extent required to fulfill the purposes of providing the services.
other third parties (…)
we use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of the Service(…)”
How does Jamboxlive.com function?
Upon installation, Jamboxlive.com quickly changes your browser’s settings such as its home page and search provider. Upon observing its features, our researchers do not consider it to be malicious nor is it a highly aggressive PUP unlike some hijackers these days. It delivers you search results from Google and even supports security plug-ins. Aside from that, it does not crowd your browser with ads only displaying minimal ones here and there but not as extreme as other browser hijackers which they are known for. However, it doesn’t change the fact that just like a typical hijacker and PUP, it brings potential threat to your computer. Since it still promotes ads from third parties, you might still be rerouted to unsecure domains which could be harmful to your computer. Therefore, if you want to prevent the chances of getting infected with some malware, it would be best if you uninstall Jamboxlive.com.
How is Jamboxlive.com distributed on the internet?
Browser hijackers like Jamboxlive.com are often promoted in adware scripts on sponsored domains. To put it simply, you can obtain this PUP once you click on a shady link or banner. In addition, this might also be promoted in free sharing sites via software bundles. Keep in mind that installing software bundles should be done using the recommended installation settings which is the Custom or Advanced setup.
Uninstall Jamboxlive.com from your browsers and computer by following the instructions below.
Step 1: Remove Jamboxlive.com from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer by resetting them to default.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Jamboxlive.com or any unwanted add-on, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 2: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 3: Look for any suspicious program that has something to do with Jamboxlive.com and then Uninstall it.
Step 4: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 5: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Jamboxlive.com and delete it/them.
Step 6: Empty your Recycle Bin.
Follow the continued advanced steps below to ensure the removal of Jamboxlive.com:
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in Apollolocker http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between Apollolocker and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Apollolocker. Click Run to begin downloading SpyRemover Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch the program.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register the program to protect your computer from future threats.