What is Bigclicker.me Ads? And how does it work?
If you get redirected to a website called, Bigclicker.me you will see a pop-up message that will ask you to click on the Allow Notifications for you to verify that you are not a robot. This dubious website can’t be trusted as clicking the aforementioned button won’t really help with the verification at all – it’s only a ploy used to get users to click on the Allow Notifications button so that they’ll notifications from Bigclicker.me. However, notifications are not the only ones that you’ll get once you click the button for you shall notice tons of ads such as pop-ups, banners and in-text links each time you browse the web. This is why Bigclicker.me is mostly referred to as Bigclicker.me Ads and it’s the reason why security experts categorized it as an adware and a potentially unwanted program.
According to researchers, other questionable and shady programs or toolbars might also get installed by Bigclicker.me Ads once it is installed in the system. You could also experience redirects to suspicious web pages once you click on any sponsored content that this program displays. Note that not all the sponsored content delivered by this program can be trusted as some of them are misleading ones that could lead you to malicious websites. What’s more is that it also has the ability to spy on all your browsing activities so it can gather information such as the websites you visit often, ads you’ve clicked, browsing history, search queries and other browsing-related sites. The gathered information is processed and used to generate more targeted and customized ads so it can increase its revenue using the pay-per-click marketing. Needless to say, you need to remove Bigclicker.me Ads before it can do any harm to your computer.
How does Bigclicker.me Ads circulate the web?
Follow the removal guide laid out below to successfully delete Bigclicker.me Ads from your browser and computer.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected with Bigclicker.me Ads. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Bigclicker.me Ads and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Bigclicker.me Ads and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Bigclicker.me Ads.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome and tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like a three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Bigclicker.me Ads as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Bigclicker.me Ads using [product-name] as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.