What is Newsmagic.net Ads? And how does it work?
Newsmagic.net is a website that can’t be trusted. You can get redirected to this dubious site online when you click on ads online and when you do, you will see a pop-up message that will ask you to click on the Allow button to Show notifications from Newsmagic.net. However, clicking this button is not advisable for you will end up getting redirected to this site more often than not. You will also start seeing tons of advertisements from its affiliated sites. This is why it is also called Newsmagic.net Ads.
Aside from the pop-up message that says “Show Notifications”, you could also encounter another pop-up that says, “I am not a robot”, which will ask you to click another Allow button to supposedly confirm that you’re not a robot. However, once you do, you could end up getting redirected to other suspicious sites or it could inject various ads to your browser. It was also determined that Newsmagic.net could monitor its users’ activities in order to obtain information like the search queries, browsing history, IP address and many more. The information obtained is then used to produce more sponsored content. Thus, if you do not want to jeopardize your sensitive data and if you want to browse the web in peace, it is better if you get rid of Newsmagic.net Redirect as soon as possible.
Moreover, having this ad-supported program on your computer can affect not just your browser’s performance, but your computer’s overall performance as well. You may experience frequent lags, crashes and will find it hard to get things done with the Newsmagic.net Ads constantly bothering you. Thus, you have to erase this pesky adware from your computer right away.
How does Newsmagic.net Ads spread online?
Newsmagic.net Ads circulate the web using several ways. For one, you can get redirected to it when you click some ads online or you can also find it distributed among unwanted and unknown programs in software package known as software bundles. This adware and other suspicious programs are hidden unless you select the Advanced or Custom setup during the installation. So if you install this kind of software package, make sure that you do so using the aforementioned setup and not the quick one.
To successfully erase Newsmagic.net Ads from your browser and computer, you need to follow the given instructions below.
Step 1: You need to close the browser infected with the adware. And if you can’t close it manually, you can close it using the Task Manager instead. Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and open the Task Manager.
Step 2: Next, look for the process of your browser, right click on it and select End task or End process to close it.
Step 3: Afterwards, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any programs that could be related to Newsmagic.net Ads or any suspicious program you don’t remember installing under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Newsmagic.net Ads.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 7: After that, restart your computer and then open your browsers and reset them back to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 8: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 9: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to the Newsmagic.net Ads such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 10: Close the File Explorer and empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Refer to the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of Newsmagic.net Ads from your computer as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.