What is Bigdater.me Pop-up Ads? And how does it work?
Bigdater.me is yet another site that asks if you are a robot or not. Apart from this verification, it also delivers tons of ads, particularly pop-up ads when you get redirected to this site. The ads displayed by Bigdater.me can get pretty intrusive which is why some users often referred to it as “Bigdater.me virus” or “Bigdater.me Pop-up Ads. Although not necessarily malicious, Bigdater.me can inject add-ons, browser extensions and toolbars on your browser as well as modify your browser’s settings by changing the default search engine, homepage and new tab page which is why not only is it an ad-supported program or adware but is also considered to be a adware as it hijacks the settings of the browsers without any permission from users. At first, these changes may seem insignificant and you might not notice the difference but you will though as time passes and you’ll only realize it when you are suddenly bombarded with dozens of advertisements that blocks the content of the websites you’re visiting.
What’s more is that Bigdater.me can also redirect you to several tech support scams – fake alerts that are created to scare users and make them think that their computer is infected with some virus and urge them to call a fake tech support number – thus, if you continue using Bigdater.me, you will only put your computer’s at risk as well as your privacy.
How does Bigdater.me Pop-up Ads circulate the web?
Bigdater.me Pop-up Ads circulates the web in several ways. You can get redirected to this site when you click on some ads online. However, if you frequently see this site on a daily basis then chances are, there might be some ad-supported program installed in your computer. Adware programs can be found among software bundles on free sharing sites. They are added as one of the optional components along with other free programs. To avoid adware programs, you must always use the Custom or Advanced setup and not the standard one. This way, you’ll have the option to remove extra programs that are added in the package.
Getting rid of Bigdater.me Pop-up Ads from your browsers and computer as well as the adware program that triggers it wouldn’t be easy so you need to follow the removal instructions provided below.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected by Bigdater.me Pop-up Ads. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Bigdater.me Pop-up Ads and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Bigdater.me Pop-up Ads and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Bigdater.me Pop-up Ads.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like a three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Bigdater.me Pop-up Ads as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Bigdater.me Pop-up Ads using [product-name] as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.