What is Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect? And how does it work?
Searchnotifyfriends.info is a suspicious website that will constantly redirect its users to suspicious third party websites which is why it is referred to as Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect. These third party websites are mostly ad-supported so it’s full of pop-ups banners, in-link texts, and other annoying ads. It can affect popular browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect is one of those potentially unwanted programs that alter browsers’ settings without any consent from the users, so it is no surprise that is both an adware and a potentially unwanted program because of its behaviors. It can sneak its way into your computer bundled with freeware installers and downloaders you’ve obtained from free sharing sites.
Apart from the flooding of ads, Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect can also slow down your browsers’ performance because of the number of ads it displays as well as the constant redirects to suspicious sites. This adware also has the ability to spy on your online moves so that it can collect information about you. This is alarming for the information gathered is also shared with third parties. It can contain personal information like email address, IP address, passwords, search queries, browsing history and many more. If you let adware stay longer in your computer then you’ll be in more trouble than you already are. That’s why as soon as you notice its existence, you must remove it immediately.
Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect isn’t malicious but it could expose you to malicious threats that could damage your files and computer like ransomware Trojans. As mentioned before, it can redirect you to suspicious site. Such suspicious site may contain harmful threats that could attach itself to your computer with just a single click. Needless to say, terminating Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect is a must and something you shouldn’t delay.
How does Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect circulate the web?
Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect is found on various download and free file sharing websites. It is determined that it is disseminated using software bundles. Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect is added as an optional component in a software package along with other several programs. So if you don’t recall installing this program, then it is possible that it might have snuck in to your computer during the installation of a software bundle. When you install any freeware or shareware using only the standard or quick setup, all the programs in the bundle, legitimate or not, can sneak their way into your computer and get installed. That’s what probably happened with Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect. So the next time you install such packages, make sure that you do so through the recommended Custom or Advanced setup and that you must pay closer attention during the installation process. Moreover, it would also be better if you check the credibility of any program you are going to install in your computer.
Get rid of Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect from your browsers and computer as well as the adware program that triggers it with the help of the following removal instructions.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected by Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Searchnotifyfriends.info.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like a three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Searchnotifyfriends.info Redirect using [product-name] as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.