What is Onlinemoviewatchs Redirect? And how does it work?
Onlinemoviewatchs, also known as 0gomovies.net, is yet another questionable movie streaming site that supposedly offers users various movies to watch for free online. Although this offer might be tempting, especially if you’re fond of watching movies, it is only a ploy to get users install this program in their browsers. In fact, this program is dubbed as Onlinemoviewatchs Redirect as it often trigger redirects not just to this site but also to other shady ones. This is why security experts categorized it as an ad-supported program or adware, as well as a PUP.
Apart from constant redirects, another annoying thing about this ad-supported program is that it also displays a bunch of intrusive ads – from in-text links, banners to pop-ups – which pops up on any website you visit. It even shows some suspicious content that might redirect you to phishing websites or survey sites that will try to get your information. It is also found to be collecting several browsing-related data like ads you’ve clicked, websites you visit frequently, browsing history, and many more.
Moreover, the longer you let this adware program installed in your computer, you will eventually notice that it slows down the performance of your computer, especially when you’re browsing the web due to the frequent redirects, and the number of ads it displays. Thus, if you want to browse the web and use your computer efficiently, as well as protect your sensitive browsing information, you must delete this pesky adware from your computer as soon as you can.
How does Onlinemoviewatchs Redirects spread over the web?
Onlinemoviewatchs Redirect is packed together with other unknown and suspicious programs in a software bundle and is disseminated through free file sharing sites. The hijack begins when you install such packages without care. To make sure no unwanted programs gets installed on your computer again you must always opt for the Custom or Advanced setup whenever you install any freeware or shareware. This way, you can discard any extra programs added in the package.
Use the removal guide laid out below to successfully delete Onlinemoviewatchs Redirect from your browser and computer successfully.
Step 1: Close the tab or the browser displaying the Onlinemoviewatchs Redirect. However, if your browser is forced to go into full screen mode because of the fake alert, tap F11 in your keyboard to exit full screen mode.
Step 2: After that, try to close the browser manually. If you find it hard to do so, close the browser through the Task Manager.
Step 3: Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to launch the Task Manager.
Step 4: After opening the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it by clicking End task or End Process.
Step 5: Close the Task Manager and reset all the affected browsers to default.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 6: Now tap the Win + R keys to open Run and then type in “appwiz.cpl” to open Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 7: From there, look for the adware program or any unfamiliar program that could be related to the Onlinemoviewatchs Redirect under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 8: Close the Control Panel and tap the Win + E keys to open File Explorer.
Step 9: Navigate to the following directories and look for the adware installer like the software bundle it came with as well as other suspicious files and delete them.
Step 10: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Onlinemoviewatchs.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 11: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 12: Close the File Explorer and empty your Recycle Bin.
To make sure that you’ve completely gotten rid of Onlinemoviewatchs Redirect as well as the adware program behind it, you need to use an efficient program like [product-name]. To use it, follow the advanced steps below:
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.