What is 11.lv Casino Ads? And how does it work?
11.lv Casino Ads is the term used to describe a series of advertisements by a dubious website, 11.lv Casino. If you get redirect to this site, the first thing that you’ll see is a pop-up message that states, “www.11.lv wants to Show notifications”, along with two buttons Allow and Block. You will also see an offer to get 100 “risk free spins” and a “sports betting bonus”. It is presented as a site that supposedly allows users to play new and most popular casino games, slot games and more. As you can see, this site is shady and can’t be trusted. In fact it is classified as an adware and a potentially unwanted program.
Once this ad-supported program invades your browser, you will start seeing tons of sponsored content when you surf the internet. These ads vary – from pop-ups, banners, in-text links and more. Some of them could get quite intrusive as some of them won’t go away unless you click on them. And when you click on them, you might get redirect to suspicious websites that may contain harmful content. According to researchers, the adware behind 11.lv Casino ads could also monitor users’ browsing activities so it can collect various information like ads clicked, websites visited often, IP address, browser version, OS version and so on. The information collected is used to generate more targeted and customized ads to lure users into clicking them. This kind of behavior is not uncommon for adware as this is where they get most of their profits. To simply put it, adware programs like 11.lv Casino ads generate revenue at the expense of your security and privacy.
How does 11.lv Casino Ads travel the web?
11.lv Casino ads are triggered by the presence of an adware in the system Adware programs circulate the web using software bundles that are distributed on free sharing or peer-to-peer sites. Software bundles are often consists of a main program and extra components like adware. If you’re not careful enough, you could end up installing all the program attached in the bundle. To make sure this does not happen again, you need to use the Custom or Advanced setup during the installation process.
Use the removal guide laid out below to successfully remove 11.lv Casino Ads from your browser and computer successfully.
Step 1: Close the tab or the browser displaying the 11.lv Casino Ads. However, if your browser is forced to go into full screen mode because of the fake alert, tap F11 in your keyboard to exit full screen mode.
Step 2: After that, try to close the browser manually. If you find it hard to do so, close the browser through the Task Manager.
Step 3: Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to launch the Task Manager.
Step 4: After opening the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it by clicking End task or End Process.
Step 5: Close the Task Manager and reset all the affected browsers to default.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 6: Tap the Win + R keys to open Run and then type in “appwiz.cpl” to open Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 7: From there, look for the adware program or any unfamiliar program that could be related to the 11.lv Casino Ads under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 8: Close the Control Panel and tap the Win + E keys to open File Explorer.
Step 9: Navigate to the following directories and look for the adware installer like the software bundle it came with as well as other suspicious files and delete them.
Step 10: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain 11.lv Casino Ads.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 11: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 12: Close the File Explorer and empty your Recycle Bin.
To make sure that you’ve completely gotten rid of 11.lv Casino Ads as well as the adware program behind it, you need to use an efficient program like [product-name]. To use it, follow the advanced steps below:
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.