What is Datothatladi.info Pop-ups? And how does it work?
Datothatladi.info is yet another suspicious domain you can get redirected to when browsing the web. If you get redirected to this site, you will encounter a pop-up message that says, “Click “Allow” to close this window”. It urges users to click on the Allow button that’s displayed on the pop-up so they can supposedly continue browsing. However, it is only a ploy to trick users into getting notifications from Datothatladi.info.
This browser redirect affects several browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and many more. So once you click the Allow button, you will immediately notice the changes as you browse the internet, and not in a good way – you will be bombarded with tons of ads like banners, in-text links and banners. And if you think that it can give you accurate search results, you’re mistaken as its search results are modified to make room for sponsored content from its affiliated sites. In fact, when you try to search for something, you will mostly see sponsored content instead of related results. Thus, you can’t really trust this dubious search tool. And aside from ads, you could also experience redirects to unknown and highly suspicious websites. In addition, this browser redirect could also track your online activities in order to obtain your non-personally identifiable information although it isn’t certain if it also collects personal ones. So aside from annoying you with tons of ads and constant redirects, this browser redirect also poses a threat to your privacy.
How does Datothatladi.info Pop-ups travel the web?
Datothatladi.info Pop-ups is travel the web via misleading ads and free software packages known as freeware and shareware. These kinds of software packages are offered on free sharing sites. Datothatladi.info Pop-ups is added as one of the extra components in some of these packages. So when you install this kind of package, you risk the installation of unwanted program like Datothatladi.info Pop-ups in your computer. Thus, it’s always recommended to use the Advanced or Custom setup every time you install freeware and shareware packages.
Remove Datothatladi.info Pop-ups from your browsers and computer with the help of the following removal instructions.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected by Datothatladi.info Pop-ups. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Datothatladi.info Pop-ups and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Datothatladi.info Pop-ups and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Datothatladi.info Pop-ups.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like a three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Datothatladi.info Pop-ups as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Datothatladi.info Pop-ups using [product-name] as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.