What is Knowwoow.com Redirect? And how does it work?
Knowwoow.com is a questionable website that often causes redirects to several other shady sites. This is why it is also called “Knowwoow.com Redirect” and is categorized as a browser redirect and a potentially unwanted program. When you get redirected to this site, you will notice that it offer various cooking recipes, however, when you click on any of them, you will get redirected to a completely different and dubious website. You would also see a pop-up message says “Show notifications” and offers two buttons, the Allow, and Block buttons. If you click on the Allow button, you will be getting not just notifications but tons of ads from Knowwoow.com Redirect and its affiliated sites.
Moreover, Knowwoow.com Redirect could also modify the settings in your browser in order to manipulate your internet browsing and cause more redirects. In fact, it can also monitor all your activities online so that it can obtain browsing data such as:
- Email address
- IP address
- Device-specific data (hardware model and operating system)
- Data about crashes, system activity, hardware settings, and browser language
- Search queries and all related search data
- Date and time of query request and referral URL
- Your Browser Type
- Source of traffic acquisition
- Your geographic location
- The domain name of your Internet Search Provider (ISP)
- And other browsing-related data
The data obtained is then processed and used to produce more customized and personalized advertisements. Not only that, as the data might also be shared with its affiliated sites. Therefore, if you don’t uninstall Knowwoow.com Redirect, you are risking your personal information to cyber crooks that might misuse them. Before it’s too late, you have to delete this browser redirect from your browser as soon as possible.
How does Knowwoow.com Redirect circulate the web?
Uninstall Knowwoow.com Redirect from your browser and computer with the help of the removal instructions laid out below.
Step 1: You need to flush the DNS cache first. To do that, just, right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 2: Next, close the browser infected with Knowwoow.com Redirect but if you are unable to do so, you can close it via Task Manager. Tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager and from there, end the browser’s process.
Step 3: After that, restart your computer and then open all the browsers infected by Knowwoow.com Redirect. Reset all the affected browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions, menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 4: Next, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 5: From the list of programs installed, look for Knowwoow.com Redirect or any unfamiliar program that could be related to it under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 6: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Knowwoow.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to the browser redirect such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Once you’re done executing the given steps above, follow the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of Knowwoow.com Redirect as well as all its related files.
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.