What is Ordinypt ransomware? And how does it carry out its attack?
Ordinypt ransomware is a new dangerous file-encoding virus that not only locks important data in a computer but also wipes data in a computer. Thus it is not only a ransomware threat but also a wiper. It is known as HSDFSD ransomware, previously, and is targeting German users in a spam email campaign using a fake job application. According to researchers, the recipients of the malware-laden email will see an email that is supposedly sent by “Eva Richter” wherein a photo and a resume are attached. Once these files are opened, Ordinypt ransomware will start to carry out its attack.
The instant Ordinypt ransomware infiltrates a computer, it will start to carry out its attack by modifying system settings. It also terminates certain processes that may prevent it from carrying out its attack. Once it corrupts data, Ordinypt ransomware skips files with specific formats as well as the files located in the following folders:
- application data
- program files
- program files (x86)
- programme (x86)
- system volume information
Once it finds its targeted files, it wipes them and then appends a random extension to every encrypted file. It also deletes the shadow volume copies of the affected files and disables the Windows 10 recovery environment to make it impossible for victims to restore their files. Following this process, it drops its ransom note named “[extension]_how_to_decrypt.txt” which can be found in each folder that contains files. The ransom note has the following message:
“============================ WELCOME ============================
============== DO NOT DELETE THIS FILE UNTIL ALL YOUR DATA HAS BEEN RECOVERED! ==============
All of your files have been encrypted and now have the file extension: .MyyqA
The only way to recover your files is to purchase our decrypter software, which will only work for your PC.
For further instructions how to decrypt your files, please download the TOR Browser
- Download Tor Browser from: https://www.torproject.org
2. Install and open TOR Browser
3. Navigate to the following url: http://2u6gynsdszbd7ey3.onion/
4. Enter your access code
Your access code:
Copy & Paste it into the access code field
DO NOT MODIFY ANY OF THE ENCRYPTED FILES OR TRY OTHERWISE TO DECRYPT THEM YOURSELF
YOU RISK DAMAGING THE FILES AND YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR FILES FOREVER!”
How does Ordinypt ransomware proliferate?
As mentioned earlier, Ordinypt ransomware proliferates using malicious spam email campaigns wherein the attackers attach malicious files in emails with subject line of “Bewerbung via Arbeitsagentur – Eva Richter”. The malware-laden emails contain a stock photo image of a woman who is supposed to be a job applicant and a zip file named “Eva Richter Bewerbung und Lebenslauf.zip”
Make sure that you carefully follow the given removal guide below to successfully obliterate Ordinypt ransomware from your computer.
Step 1: Restart your PC and boot into Safe Mode with Command Prompt by pressing F8 a couple of times until the Advanced Options menu appears.
Step 2: Navigate to Safe Mode with Command Prompt using the arrow keys on your keyboard. After selecting Safe Mode with Command Prompt, hit Enter.
Step 3: After loading the Command Prompt type cd restore and hit Enter.
Step 4: After cd restore, type in rstrui.exe and hit Enter.
Step 5: A new window will appear, and then click Next.
Step 6: Select any of the Restore Points on the list and click Next. This will restore your computer to its previous state before being infected with the Ordinypt Ransomware. A dialog box will appear, and then click Yes.
Step 7: After System Restore has been completed, try to enable the disabled Windows services.
- Press Win + R keys to launch Run.
- Type in msc in the box and press Enter to open Group Policy.
- Under Group Policy, navigate to:
- User Configuration\Administrative Templates\System
- After that, open Prevent access to the command prompt.
- Select Disable to enable cmd
- Click the OK button
- After that, go to:
- Configuration\Administrative Templates\System
- Double click on the Prevent Access to registry editing tools.
- Choose Disabled and click OK.
- Navigate to :
- User Configuration\Administrative Templates\System>Ctrl+Alt+Del Options
- Double click on Remove Task Manager.
- And then set its value to Disabled.
Step 8: Next, tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager and then go to the Processes tab and look for the malicious processes of Ordinypt Ransomware and end them all.
Step 9: Open Control Panel by pressing Start key + R to launch Run and type appwiz.cpl in the search box and click OK to open the list of installed programs. From there, look for Ordinypt ransomware or any malicious program and then Uninstall it.
Step 10: Tap Windows + E keys to open the File explorer then navigate to the following directories and delete the malicious files created by Ordinypt ransomware such as Eva Richter Bewerbung und Lebenslauf.zip, [extension]_how_to_decrypt.txt and [random].exe.
- %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
Step 11: Close the File Explorer.
Before you proceed to the next steps below, make sure that you are tech savvy enough to the point where you know exactly how to use and navigate your computer’s Registry. Keep in mind that any changes you make will highly impact your computer. To save you the trouble and time, you can just use [product-name], this system tool is proven to be safe and excellent enough that hackers won’t be able to hack into it. But if you can manage Windows Registry well, then by all means go on to the next steps.
Step 12: Tap Win + R to open Run and then type in regedit in the field and tap enter to pull up Windows Registry.
Step 13: Navigate to the paths listed below and delete all the registry values added by Ordinypt ransomware.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\
- HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop\
Step 14: Close the Registry Editor and empty your Recycle Bin.
After you’re done with the steps given above, you need to continue the Ordinypt ransomware removal process using a reliable program like [product-name]. How? Follow the advanced removal steps below.
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.