What is Nextyourcontent.com Redirect? And how does it work?
Nextyourcontent.com is yet another browser redirect discovered lately that you could visit inadvertently as you browse the web or when you click on some ads online. This dubious website displays a pop-up dialog box which has a message wanting users to click on the “Allow” button to continuously get notifications from Nextyourcontent.com. And when you do, not only will you get notifications from this site but you will also experience constant redirects to it which is why it is also referred to as Nextyourcontent.com Redirect. Apart from redirects and pop-ups, you will also start to see banners, in-text links, and other ads the affiliated sites of Nextyourcontent.com Redirect. This is why aside from being a browser redirect, security experts tagged Nextyourcontent.com Redirect potentially unwanted program.
No matter what website you visit, you will be bombarded with tons of sponsored content even when you are not actively browsing. This can get annoying especially when you are working on something but can’t focus due to the never-ending appearance of ads. Aside from pesky ads, this browser redirect can also track all your activities online to obtain your browsing data like the ads you’ve clicked, website you often visit, search queries, browsing history, IP address, browser type, and so on. The data obtained is then used to produce more customized and personalized contents.
How does Nextyourcontent.com Redirect circulate the web?
Nextyourcontent.com Redirect circulate the web using shady ads. However, if you frequently get redirected to this dubious site, then it only means that there is an adware program installed in your computer. Adware programs are distributed in free software packages like freeware and shareware which are offered on free sharing sites. Along with other unwanted programs, it is added as one of the optional programs in free software packages. Installing this kind of package is kind of tricky as you could end up installing all the programs in the package including Nextyourcontent.com Redirect. If you don’t want any unwanted programs from sneaking into your computer, you must use the Custom or Advanced setup instead of the standard one.
Removing this browser redirect isn’t as easy as you think so you need to follow the removal instructions given below to successfully remove it from your browser and computer.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected by Nextyourcontent.com Redirect. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Nextyourcontent.com Redirect and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Nextyourcontent.com Redirect and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Nextyourcontent.com Redirect.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like a three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Nextyourcontent.com Redirect as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Nextyourcontent.com Redirect using [product-name] as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.