If you find that the Network Discovery is not working as expected after you have recently upgraded your operating system to the new Windows 10 v1803 version, where you can now notice that the Workgroup PCs or network places are either not showing or missing, then read on as this post will provide you a couple of things you can try to resolve the problem.
So if your network computers are missing, try the following options sequentially and see which one of them could help fix the issue.
Option 1- Try updating the Network Adapter Driver
Follow the steps below to update your Network Adapter Driver:
- Tap the Win + R keys to launch the Run window and then type in the “devmgmt.msc” command and hit Enter to open the Device Manager window.
- From there, expand the list of all the network drives and update each one of them.
Note: If updating the network drivers didn’t help in fixing the problem, you can also try to uninstall the very same drivers and restart your Windows 10 PC. After that, the system itself will reinstall the drivers you just uninstalled. Alternatively, you can also download and install the drivers from the manufacturer’s website directly.
Option 2 – Try resetting Winsock, TCP/IP & Flush DNS
- Right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator) so you can pull up an elevated Command Prompt.
- After that, execute each one of the commands listed below. And after you typed in one after the other, you have to hit Enter.
- netsh winsock reset – type in this command to reset Winsock
- netsh int ip reset resettcpip.txt – type in this command to reset TCP/IP
- ipconfig /flushdns– type in this command to flush the DNS cache
- Next, restart your PC and check if the problem’s fixed.
Option 3 – Try checking the Function Discovery Resource Publication Service
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run window.
- Then type in “services.msc” and hit Enter to open the Windows service window.
- After that, look for the Function Discovery Resource Publication Service and then right click on the Service and click on Properties.
- From there, make sure that the Startup type of Function Discovery Resource Publication service is “Automatic” and that it is “Started”.
Option 4 – Make sure that SMB 1.0 is enabled manually
To make sure that SMB 1.0 is enabled, you have to go to Control Panel > Programs & Features > Turn Windows features on or off.
Option 5 – Try a Network Reset
When all else fails, you might have to consider resetting your entire network settings. Simply follow the steps below to do so.
- Click on the Start button and then click on the gear-like icon for Settings to open it.
- Next, select Network and Internet.
- Then scroll down and look for “Network Reset” – click on it and then click on the Reset now button.
For other system-related issues, there is a one-click solution known as [product-name] you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.