When you use Microsoft Outlook on a Windows PC and have encountered the error message: “The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable, Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action,” this article will provide you options to fix it. You face this error message when you have added a @yourdomain.com type of email account to your Microsoft Outlook. However, you can still use the options provided below even though you do not use such form of email address.
Option #1 – You can recreate your Outlook profile
When you add a new email account on Outlook, it will save the newly added account a Profile. There are cases when your profile can get corrupted because of some internal problems – as a result, you get the error message. One of the basic ways to fix it is through recreating the profile. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Open Control Panel and adjust the view to either Small icons or Large ones.
- After that, click the Mail icon for Microsoft Outlook which will show a window where you’ll have to click on Show Profiles.
- Next, select the existing Profile and then click on the Remove button to remove it.
- Click the Add button and go over the screen options to add your new email account or create a new profile.
- After you remove and add the Outlook Profile, restart Microsoft Outlook. That should fix the error.
Option #2 – Try to restore Registry settings
This option can be quite tricky and using this option is not advised if you are not that familiar with the Windows Registry. However, if you know enough about the Registry then by all means, carefully follow each step. But before you proceed, make sure that you have two computers running where Outlook is working just fine.
- Tap Win + R to launch Run.
- Type in regedit and tap Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
- Right click on the User Shell Folders and select Export.
- Select a location where you want to save the .reg file and asve it properly.
- After that, copy the .reg file to the computer you’re having trouble with Outlook with.
- And then open the Registry Editor on that computer.
- Next, click on File and then click Import.
- Look for the .reg file you just copied and select it to add the information to your system.
That’s about it, but keep in mind to backup Registry files and create s system restore point.
For other computer problems, such as corrupted registries or slow PC performance, you can try a one-click solution in the form of PC Cleaner Pro. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system.
Perform a full system scan using PC Cleaner Pro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOSscreen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Optionuse the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Boxwill show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/pccleanerpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading PC Cleaner Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch PC Cleaner Pro.
- Run the program and click the Click to Start Scanbutton to perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click FIX ALL.