The new Windows 10 v1803 which were recently released in April 2018, brought along tons of new features that aim to improve the existing ones. Despite all these features, there are still some users not quite satisfied with them as they have reported that the new Windows 10 v1803 create an extra OEM or recovery partition that they weren’t able to delete as they have a logical drive letter assigned to them.
You can see this extra partition in the Disk Management as well as in the File Explorer and it occupies disk space virtually. In some cases, the system will notify you that the disk is already full. In addition, you might also find that if you check the Disk utilization under the Task Manager, you’ll see that it almost reached 100% which could affect the performance of the system. To fix the issue, here are some options you can try.
Option 1 – Try to hide the logical drive
Remember that this extra partition is important in recovering Windows 10. However, it actually occupies disk space virtually so you can hide the partition so it wouldn’t appear in the File Explorer. But if you really want to get rid of it, that can’t be done in the Disk Management as they don’t have the option to do so but you can refer to the next following options below.
Option 2 – Try using Diskpart
To shrink or remove the extra partition in your system, you can pull up an elevated Command Prompt rather than the Disk Management to shrink or remove the extra partition. Simply execute the following commands:
- list volume
- select volume <the volume in the drive>
- remove letter=X:
Note: In the aforementioned commands, “X” is the drive letter. Once you execute these commands, it will remove the extra partition and fix the problem.
Option 3 – Try to remove the MountPoint
- Right-click on the Start Menu.
- After that, select the Command Prompt as admin.
- Then type in the command: “mountvol X: /D” and tap Enter. Note that “X” is the Drive letter.
Aside from the extra partition problem, if you are facing other issues right now concerning your computer system which has been bothering you for quite some time now, there is a one-click solution known as [product-name] you can use. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions for downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit Enter.
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.