What is Turn Off Search Tracking Ads?
Turn Off Search Tracking Ads is a pervading redirect virus caused by an adware or a PUP in your computer. Meaning to say, if you are constantly being redirected to sites that display a “Turn Off Search Tracking” message, then there is an adware and a potentially unwanted program installed in your computer. This pop-up is a pervading redirect that gets really annoying when you browse the internet for it will interrupt your online activities by redirecting you to this shady site.
Adding to the irritation is the fact it delivers you with thousands of ads and that they contain illicit websites links, spyware downloading trigger and other malicious pages. These ads are often displayed at lp.bitcrosearch.com and are most likely retrieved due to the presence of an extension named BitCro Search. The main goal of this browser redirect is to lure you into clicking those ads or links to generate revenue from pay-per-click marketing. In relation to that, this suspicious redirect also monitors your browsing-related activities and gathers information about them which may be shared with third parties. Needless to say, it is a threat to your security which is why it is considered to be a potentially unwanted program and a browser redirect.
Based on Turn Off Search Tracking’s message, Google is creating your profile according to your browsing activities. You are supposed to dislike this fact and must take preventive measures to stop data gathering,. Hence, you are offered to use Secure Search and enable two options provided below:
- Prevents tracking of your search history tied to your personal information
- Stop advertisers from following you around based on your searches
You shouldn’t fall for this trick, for you will only be adding another suspicious browser extension on your browsers. Letting the adware or PUP behind Turn Off Search Tracking Ads linger on your computer would only jeopardize your computer’s security. Under such circumstances, a backlash would be the best move.
The removal guide below will help you in getting rid of the Turn Off Search Tracking Ads browser redirect
Step 1: Remove Turn Off Search Tracking Ads from your browsers by resetting them.
- Launch Google Chrome and open its menu by pressing Alt + F.
- Click Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings located at the bottom part of the page.
- Click the Reset settings.
- And then click the Reset button.
- Start Mozilla Firefox.
- Press Alt + H .
- Find Refresh Firefox a t the top and click on this button.
- In the confirmation window, click Refresh Firefox again.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and click Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then click Reset.
- Mark the box next to Delete personal settings.
- Click Reset.
Step 2: Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time.
Step 3: Go to the Processes tab and look for any suspicious processes associated with Turn Off Search Tracking Ads.
Step 4: Right-click on the files, click Open File Location and then scan them using a reputable antivirus program such as SpyRemover Pro. After opening their folders, end their processes and delete their folders. If the virus scanner fails to detect something that you know is suspicious, don’t hesitate to delete it.
Step 5: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 6: Look for any suspicious program responsible for Turn Off Search Tracking Ads and then Uninstall it.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Go to the directories listed below and delete everything suspicious in it. Or other directories you might have saved the file related to unwanted program.
Step 9: Look for any suspicious executable file or software bundles that may be related to Turn Off Search Tracking Ads.
Step 10: Right-click on it and click Delete.
Step 11: Empty the Recycle Bin.
To ensure the complete removal of the adware or PUP behind Turn Off Search Tracking Ads, carefully follow the advanced steps below.
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading SpyRemover Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch SpyRemover Pro.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register SpyRemover Pro to protect your computer from future threats.