What is Usarewardspot.com Redirect? And how does it work?
Usarewardspot.com is a rogue website that not only causes redirects to tons of suspicious sites but also displays scam alerts. One of the scam alerts this site display is the one where it claims that you won 100 points and to claim it, you have to answer an online survey. However, once you click on the Yes button, you will be asked to fill up some information on a bunch of surveys. It is clear that the Usarewardspot.com Redirect is nothing but a scam which aims to obtain users’ personal information. Whenever you encounter this alert, keep in mind that no one will give you any reward for being a loyal Amazon user. The information might be shared with third parties or worse, use it for nefarious purpose that could lead to identity theft.
You must not fall into the trap set by this tricky pop-up. In addition, the adware behind this scam alert could also monitor your browsing activities so it can collect your information such as your IP address, browsing history, ads clicked, websites you frequently visit, and so on. Aside from constant redirects to the site displaying this scam, you will also see tons of sponsored contents like banners, in-text links, etc. which could redirect you to other suspicious websites. So unless you remove the adware program behind this scam, you will continue seeing it along with sponsored contents as you browse the internet.
How does Usarewardspot.com Redirect spread over the web?
The Usarewardspot.com Redirect spreads over the web through tons of advertisements which will redirect you to this rogue site. In addition, this scam alert might also be triggered by some adware or ad-supported programs you have unknowingly installed on your PC. Adware often causes these redirects so you have to check your PC for any unwanted programs that have been causing redirects to the Usarewardspot.com Redirect. Note that these ad-supported programs spread through software bundles. When you install software bundles, always use the Custom or Advanced setup to avoid unwanted programs from entering your system.
Refer to the given instructions below to remove the Usarewardspot.com Redirect from your browser as well as the adware program that’s causing it.
Step 1: Close the tab or the browser displaying the Usarewardspot.com Redirect. However, if your browser is forced to go into full-screen mode because of the fake alert, tap F11 in your keyboard to exit full-screen mode.
Step 2: After that, try to close the browser manually. If you find it hard to do so, close the browser through the Task Manager.
Step 3: Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to launch the Task Manager.
Step 4: After opening the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it by clicking End Task or End Process.`
Step 5: Close the Task Manager and reset all the affected browsers to default.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 6: Tap the Win + R keys to open Run and then type in “appwiz.cpl” to open Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 7: From there, look for the adware program or any unfamiliar program that could be related to the Usarewardspot.com Redirect under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 8: Close the Control Panel and tap the Win + E keys to open File Explorer.
Step 9: Navigate to the following directories and look for the adware installer like the software bundle it came with as well as other suspicious files and delete them.
Step 10: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Usarewardspot.com Redirect.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 11: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 12: Close the File Explorer and empty your Recycle Bin.
To make sure that you’ve completely gotten rid of Usarewardspot.com Redirect as well as the adware program behind it, you need to use an efficient program like [product-name]. To use it, follow the advanced steps below:
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.