This article aims to help you remove Adylkuzz virus. The instructions provided works for all versions of Windows.
What is Adylkuzz virus? This virus is classified as a Trojan horse. It is a cryptocurrency miner that infects computers and catalyzes cyber-money for its developers. And unlike ransomwares, there is no demands made to the victims. It is well-hidden that it can barely be detected by antivirus programs. It appears to be a harmless file, application, email attachment, ads, etc. and does its dirty work behind your back. The attackers will offer and send you many things in the guise of too-good-to-be-true ads with misleading links, infected attachments into a spam message and emails with dubious links. Because of its excellent camouflaging technique, it is nearly impossible to identify it without the help of a good antivirus program. Users will only notice a slower computer performance and they won’t be able to access shared Windows resources.
This cryptocurrency miner exploits Windows software vulnerability much like the WannaCry ransomware, but unlike WannaCry that locks down a system until the ransom is paid, this cryptocurrency miner will still allow the computer to function, all the while slowing it down and generating cyber money. Getting infected with this kind of Trojan horse is like your computer having cancer. You wouldn’t notice the small telltales of its existence on your computer until it is done with its motive, leaving your computer into a complete hiatus. So to simply put it, Adylkuzz is a silent killer. According to researchers, this virus has been active since April 24 this year but it has just been discovered recently due to its invisibility technique.
How do we remove this cryptocurrency miner? Like mentioned earlier, this virus is difficult to be identified since it camouflages itself very well. It installs its malicious scripts deep into your system and removing them could be challenging without the help of a sophisticated antivirus software. Don’t worry though; the main purpose of this article is to help you get rid of this pesky Trojan horse. All you have to do is carefully follow the steps provided below.
Removing Adylkuzz virus:
Step 1: Restart your computer into Safe Mode.
Step 2: Go to the Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc, then go to the Processes tab. Look for any suspicious running program, right-click on it and select Open File Location to scan the files using a good and updated antivirus like SpyRemover Pro.
After opening their folders, end the processes and delete their folders.
Step 3: Go to Control Panel.
- Launch Run by pressing the Start key + R. Type in cpl and click OK.
- After clicking OK, Control Panel will be opened. Look for the suspicious program there and Uninstall it/them. But if you see a dialog box such as this one below, click No.
- Go to the Startup tab and unmark entries with unknown manufacturer or any suspicious entries.
- Launch Run again by pressing Start key + R and type in the following:
- Click OK.
- Launch Run again by pressing Start key + R and type in Regedit.
- Press Ctrl + F and type in the virus’ name to find it.
- Right-click on any entries with that virus’ name and delete
If you are unable to find the virus through that, you can manually go to these directories and delete them.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER- -Software- -Random Directory
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER- -Software-Microsoft- -Windows-CurrentVersion-Run- Random
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER- -Software-Microsoft-Internet Explorer- -Main- -Random
If you don’t want to go through all these procedures, you seek the help of an excellent antivirus program like SpyRemover Pro. This software has a high Detection rate that can easily identify any hidden virus like a Trojan horse. apart from its user-friendly interface, it also has a 24/7 tech support to assist you.